Thursday, March 17, 2005

Colours of St. Patrick's Day

White, was the colour of the ground this morning. It's a tradition in Calgary that it always snows heavily on St. Patty's Day.

Green, was the colour of shirts, skirts, and beer today. Cheap dye, food colouring, and heavy draught seems to be all that celebration is today. Dress nice, grin wide, drink deep, puke hard.

Blue, was the colour of my mind today, because I'm always blue. I've been missing out, or so I think. Being socially inept, somewhat brilliant, witty, and clumsy is a disasterous combination when you want people to take you seriously. I'm an unintentional clown, kind of like the killer machine that got painted pink by mistake.

Grey, was the colour of the sky. The sky is seldom blue here in winter, and when it is, it is the blue of death, because the temperature drops sorely. Scattered flurries made life melancholy for travellers, myself included.

I can see why people turn to alcoholism, drugs, and caffeine these days. It's an escape, albeit a terrible and temporary one. We've built a world to supply us, but we hate it. We want to leave it, as fast as possible, but we want to reap the riches of it for ourselves.



And as a note, yes, this is a replacement for a picture. I was lazy today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm getting lightheaded. Your words are amazing. Your physical state just has to grow into the mental one. It comes.

I'm still trying to catch up to how awesome I am in my own mind.

I did not wear a shred of green today. Nope!