Monday, March 28, 2005

Blast it to the depths of bloody hell!

Well, looking back, I can see that my easter break was a complete and utter loss. I have done nothing except finish my feature article. I didn't even get to take pictures this weekend, because I was on high-alert for the possibility of a family trip for the last three days.

Nothing like being told to pack up, and then not having any place to go. Agh, I'm ready to start ripping my hair out. This entire weekend has been a test for my patience, sanity, and just about everything else I have a short supply of.

On top of that, even the news seems to have gone cuccoo. The Schiavo case has turned into a circus that has the news anchors dancing jigs and chewing bananas. I sat and literally chewed through a piece of newsprint in sheer fury that something could still be breaking news after being mauled by print, broadcast, and internet media. The papers have three page spreads, and the broadcasters have 10 minute mini-updates. On top of that, the US goverment-on-high decided that they would get their hands muddy as well.

Poor woman. She probably doesn't even know that she's being treated like everything except human.

Last commentary on that subject.

Christ almighty come and rescue me, I need a vacation after a spring holiday...
What has the world come to?

No comments: