Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Plot twists ahoy!

So, I went with Trevor, Ryan, and Tracy last night to see Smokin' Aces, a movie that I didn't even know existed, let alone had I fathomed to whether or not I would like it.

It was a decent movie, steeped in action, malicious hitman antics, and copious amounts of gore. The story plot was decent up until the twist, which basically took all the wind out of the sails of an otherwise decent movie. I was expecting half of what became the "twist" of the movie, but really, it made the entire plot up to that point in the movie a ruse, a misunderstanding.

After seeing it once, I don't think I can see it again. The good parts of the movie are pretty much one-trick ponies, and the bad parts... were really bad.

In any event, we were saddened that D couldn't join us. I mean, we were going to bust some heads, but didn't, because it wasn't the same without you.

No comments: