Saturday, January 20, 2007

The finest roast in the known lands

I cooked for dinner perhaps the finest rib roast ever to grace this long forgotten corner of the universe.

Other than that, I really don't have much else to report, other than this week has been the embodiment of stress.

And I desperately need a reprieve. Or perhaps, all things considered, an alternative to the grinding gears, the constant writers block, and the nagging desire to get drunk all the time. This great roast I made seems to be a good band-aid for the time being, and maybe a good night's sleep tonight will help.

But frankly, if this is "real life," who the fuck told me to get prepared for it? Because really, it's nothing like what those cunts said it would be like. The playground's bigger and the kids are meaner, and some of the more wily ones have found legal ways of stealing your money, but otherwise, it's elementary all over again.

Except for the fact that I'm never sure if there's going to be a home to return to until I actually get there.

2 comments:

Trevor said...

Bah the world is always shite, just depends on how you look at it.

Anyways, the roast sounded spectacular any chance of you coming over here and cooking?

Geoff said...

Hah. I don't know. I'm still mastering the art of the roast that my mom perfected almost 25 years ago.

I've got a long way to go.
The trick, I think, is bacon. And knowing how to make gravy.