Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Nero said I looked like a loser

Well, I have a bad feeling about this week. About this month even. I don't know what happened. 2007 started off so well.

It might just be my pessimism bone acting up again, who knows, but I've got a feeling like something bad is going to happen, and it's going to be soon.

I might go bankrupt in the new year, who knows? The insurance for my new vehicle is astronomical (or, mortgagnomical, as my boss said). I also need to find a new apartment to rent, and like everything in this god-forsaken economy, they aren't getting any cheaper. Even if I do rent, monthly rents around here go up quite often... every month or so. So I'm pretty much fucked. I hope there can be a happy ending to this little financial predicament (and by that, I mean not having to resort to credit to pay for goddamn food).

It might just be that I'll have to go back to the city and start over. See, I wanted this job to raise funds so I could go back to school, and now it's looking like it may have the opposite effect.

Yarg. I hate you, booming white-hot economy, for fucking the middle and lower classes. At the same time. With sand-paper dowels.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Is there a town within 30 miles or so where rent is cheaper? It might be worth the commute, even once you figure in fuel.

Geoff said...

There's only hamlets within 30 miles of here, and they don't rent their houses. Especially not to "oil jockeys" like me (funny, because I'm neither employed by the oil industry, nor am I a jockey).

The closest place to rent would probably be Evansburg or Entwhistle. Even then, having to get up at six in the morning just to commute for a half hour down one of the most god-forsaken stretches of highway in the known universe is not particularly appealing to me.

Stephanie said...

Oh.

But it might be worth it to not have to move home.

D. said...

fine I'll move down there and split the rent with you let;s live it up man!111