Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Phase 5

The first interview went well. My combination of being a trained journalist and editor was well tempered by my sheer lack of experience in anything beyond a controlled or semi-controlled environment.

In other words, I've got the skills, but not the experience to use them. Still, the publisher must've seen something she liked, as I'm due in for another interview in 11 hours.

I feel like a soldier waiting for the LST to hit beach, so I'll know my fate and I can stop waiting.

Either way, I win. Either a job, or another month of freedom.

We'll see.

Edit: Looking back on this, I realized that I just pretty much mauled the English language. Pardon the edits, and my earlier lapse. It won't happen again, I swear.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good luck!!!!

I hope you get it. There's only one way to get experience and hopefully those in charge at that paper recognize that.

:)

Geoff said...

Hehe, I love when somebody tells me to break a leg.

This would be... number 3. I'm running out of legs to break.

Thanks for the luck, they're making a decision by Sunday.

Stephanie said...

I'm going to be out of town, but you better email me and tell me what the verdict is!!!

OR ELSE.

Geoff said...

Okay.

But will you actually read and reply to my e-mail?

You better.

OR ELSE