Friday, June 02, 2006

Classic Overachiever

I haven't heard anything back from any of my applications yet. Of course, the solution to this problem is to simply throw out more applications to more distant locations. I don't particularly like the thought of working for some paper in a town out in the boonies somewhere, I'd be a million miles away from everyone I want to be close to, and I wouldn't have internet. If there's a one-way ticket to fade away from the reality of others, moving to strange location a million miles from anywhere would be it.

That's not to say that small towns are boring, or that I wouldn't meet new people. Quite the contrary, but I'm going to go out on a limb of the asshole tree here and say that maybe I don't want to meet new people. Maybe I'm tired of having the distinct pleasure of meeting people who are riding so high on their horse that they look down and see me crawling beneath the feet of insects. Maybe I'm tired of meeting people who look at the fact that I'm a guy and look no further. Maybe I'm tired of meeting drunkards and fools, and I crave nothing but intellect which I've been largely deprived from in my waking and walking hours. I seek people of density and worldly knowledge, rather than specialty and trite pop-culture.

I like making life better for people. But I don't appreciate when the same people I'm helping are making their life so much worse by being ignorant and self-absorbed.

Or perhaps, as the saying goes... ignorance is bliss.

Two more reviews to go, and then you can expect more Nintopia content in your inbox, D.

Until then, adieu, and may all your reality not sour from the truth.

4 comments:

Trevor said...

know what you mean, I hate cities but distancing myself so far away from anything and anyone is kind of stupid. Especially if your born and raised around urban dwellings.

Unless of course your going into seclusion way the hell in the mountains I’m all for that. Muhaha

Also, forward your reviews to me too trevor0220@hotmail.com id give you my other address but then the spambots would pick it up from this post and nail it and yada yada yada. That way you get a better chance of it being posted sooner.

I’m not sure what D is up to, but the babe was supposed be updated 4 days ago, friggen slacker… its so hard to get good help around these parts.

Geoff said...

Hehe, odds are he got a bit "sidetracked" with the pics, and it's pretty hard to put anything together with one hand.

Ooo, yes, I am a bastard.

Are you guys still doing the odd music review too?

E said...

You need to come on down to DC!

Geoff said...

Haha, I doubt DC has any use for unwashed, filthy Canadians. Especially journalist ones. Cause we're all lib-lefts up here and we don't know two things about "fair and balanced" news.

Although... if I did get signed on with a big paper, I could really bring some integrity back into media.

That way, people could stop assuming I'm a talking head.

Journalism != Broadcast