Saturday, June 17, 2006

I got bored

So I took the bike out earlier today. Err, yesterday. I really should stop staying up so late, but when all you want is a bit of peace and privacy, I guess there really is no other choice than to reverse your clock to everyone else's.

The sun's coming up so I should probably get on with this.


You ever wonder if anyone sees us like we see these ants? I sometimes think so, but I'm not afraid. Just like those ants aren't afraid of me. Sure, I could stomp on them, poison them, drown them, feed them to birds, or just rip their legs off one by one, but when your life is as short as an ant's, you don't really care. You just do the best you can, come what may.


I remember as a kid, when I was bored, I'd just kind of let my mind wander. I'd completely zone out, and my eyes would just kind of blur up. The only thing that remained completely in focus was whatever was right in front of me, no matter how far away it seemed. If it was a person stupid enough to sit in front of me while I was tranced out, I'd often get scolded for staring. Really. When did people first start flattering themselves so much as to think that I'm always looking at them?


Everyone's done this, and probably many of you still do. Sit out in the grass and watch the clouds drift overhead. Some people see giraffes. Some people see bunny rabbits. Some people see the hot girl at school doing a kneeling jenny impression. Some people see the next big tornado.

I just see clouds. The bigger the cloud, the better. Rotation is nice. I like tornadoes. Not because they destroy stuff, and carry the potential to kill people, but just because they're raw atmospheric power.

Anyway, I should probably get to bed soon. I'll probably try to get out and shoot more pictures tommorrow. Who knows? I might even be able to get a new banner up on the blog. We'll see.

3 comments:

Michael Bains said...

Dude, nice post.

I'm just Next Blogging by, but dug the cloud thoughts. Yah, I've never really seen anything in 'em. It's totally cool enough to watch them grow and change over the course of just a few minutes. That's WATER in them thar skies!

Cool.

Trevor said...

Awesome as per usual, keep them coming.

Stephanie said...

I always see something in the clouds. Often faces. Or hands. I also see things in the bumps on my walls and the ceiling.

I particularly love that first photo. I have a yearning to do some macro photography.