Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Classic Overachiever II

I'm past waiting for a call back from Stony. I've sent my next batch of applications out, starting with Irricana tonight, and possibly Brooks or Drumheller tommorrow. The downsides to working in these towns: I don't know anybody there, and not a lot happens. The upside: lots of roads. Lots of roads means lots of driving, and lots of driving means not a lot of talking. Lots of roads also means there are a lot of places to go, places that might make for a good photo. You never know.

Okay, I'm done being optimistic.

A friend of mine left me a message today. She wondered where I was and if I was even still alive. Strange, I've never left and people are wondering where I've gone.

Strange places, yes indeed.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get out and buy some stuff tommorrow. And then tommorrow becomes today, and all I want to do is sit around and do nothing. Lecture in futility aaaaad nausea. Why do anything when it will all be for naught?

Somebody probably would've written a book on it if everyone wasn't already sick of hearing it before they read it. Hell, people wouldn't even bother reading simply because it would be for naught.

You don't need to understand the principles for doing nothing. It's a double negative.

No comments: