Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Breathtaking

You'll have to excuse me for being a little less than surprised by this.

Rotten people are still rotten, regardless if they are of the government, of the people, or of the cloth. It doesn't matter. This is just further proof that organizations that preach an "open door" are just a facade on the same old rejection. Difference is still different, and some people are afraid of that.

Am I angry? Yes. But that's my business. I just really feel for the people who set out to find God, and instead met the politics of the Church. Humanity is cruel. Religion is born of humanity.

2 comments:

Genna said...

You have a right to be angry. I think that God must look down and shriek at the way people behave and call it for religion's sake.

When I grew up, I hated God because at church, people pointed fingers at us because my parents were splitting up. If that was how these followers of God were going to treat me, well, then it must be God's fault.

Most people have a similar story. It wasn't until recently that I actually found God again and tried church again. I was lucky and found a great church. Everytime my pastor preaches, he actually reminds us that religion is not important. That our relationship with God is what matters. I think there is just too much division in church and people need to quit judging each other. And love each other (even strangers) unconditionally. Because that is the God I know now, as an adult.

Things need to change.

Geoff said...

Asking people to love each other unconditionally is like asking the moon to return to the Earth.

There are some things that just don't happen, regardless of the ideals or beliefs that we cling to. The enmity that humankind holds for itself runs deeper and lasts longer than any other concept we've created. We weren't born into a singularity. We were born into conflict, and that's what defines us. Regardless of religion, beliefs, history, or circumstance; conflict is what brings out humanity.

My relationship between myself and God, as I perceive it, is not an ideal one. But I don't associate myself with the Christian sects of religion any longer. Too many questions haven't been answered to my satisfaction, and there's too much blood under the bridge of history for me to just blindly fall in with the Church, or any religion, for that matter.

Indeed, things need to change. Perhaps more than either of us are willing to accept.