Thursday, April 14, 2005

Identify

Every believes, deep down, there's something inside of them that sums up who they are, and what they believe in. It's usually an animal (see, Wolf, and Tiger), or some kind of fantasy creature (see, Unicorn, and Dragon).

Most people identify with this symbology, because it means something to them. It's like looking in a mirror and seeing what you want to see, and having what you see, look back at you. Well, quite simply, there are some people who don't identify with anything. They don't believe their worth creating an image for. Some people think so little of themselves, that they identify with monsters. They think they are monsters at heart, and they hide from themselves and from others to keep them safe.

Well, even monsters can do good. Somebody could think that they're the incarnation of Cthulu himself, but that doesn't matter if you're willing to put your time, your energy, and ultimately yourself on the line for others... your friends, your family... doesn't matter.

I should know... when I dream at night, I'm not human. I'm a monster, and a particularly horrible one at that. And I guess that's what makes me too human.

No comments: