Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Here's an Idea

So. The 'Valley's pretty nice. The folks are real cool here. Well, the one's that live here and aren't just here for two weeks to man the oilfields that is.

I have just one complaint. It would help greatly if the Town put street signs on all of the intersections, instead of just a couple of the more busy ones, so I know if I'm at the intersection of Buttcrack Avenue and Bosom street, rather than just a set of lights at a nondescript corner of the town.

As far as I can tell, I'm still good for Monday, although word is there's a bug going around. I hope I don't catch it.

3 comments:

D. said...

man, I'm the type who doesn't even pay attention to street signs.

It's why I can't give directions. I just kind of explore and remember shit and relate it to where something is in regards to something else.

It's also why I'll probably never go too far without a map or someone who knows what the fuck is going on.

I've been all over Edmonton and even Spruce Grove and Stony, but probably couldn't name more than three streets.

Geoff said...

That's all fine and good, but when I'm doing a story, and my directions are "to follow 56th street until you cross the highway," it helps me greatly to know *where* 56th street is. Especially when the road I'm on goes 50th, 51st, 57th.

Trevor said...

"I'm more of a landmark kind of guy."

Same here. But Just move into the city for a few years, next thing you know you'll know it like the back of your hand. Im pretty good with address as long as the streets are named haha

Last week i had to find a machine shop on the southside, needless to say 49th ave dissapears somewhere before 99st, so after a few back allies i found it but shit, why end an ave then start it up again a couple of streets down?

As for Drayton the farthest ive been into that town was that esso right after the huge bridge.