Friday, October 27, 2006

Cold Virii

I've been sick lately. Some kind of mild cold or flu. Not enough to really cramp me, but it's been a pain in my ass, and it's been a real hassle getting out of bed in the morning.

I'm still without internet, and I'm sure my new ladyfriend is going to be ramping my phone bill through the hundreds with the sheer quantity of text messages she's been sending me. Not that I can complain. It's been a nice change. For a while I was thinking of tossing my cell phone. It's rare anyone calls me on it, and now that my car has been... erm. Maintained, I really don't need to call home everytime something starts gyroscoping and making weird noises.

I've also been kind of musing lately, how naive must've felt. Thinking that by force of will alone, I could shape the future and the people in it. Silly. The future is something greater than you or I or any of us. We can influence it, but we cannot change it. Everything arrives at the same destination, if only by vastly different means. Throwing tantrums, crying about it... yeah. Being a kid was fun. But how tired am I when I can tell someone I care about that 5 years down the road, I hope they'll think about me while they're thousands of kilometres away?

Pretty tired indeed. Now, I just wish I could final-destination this goddamn infection and get a good night's sleep. I've got to work this weekend, and there's no way I'm doing it with a leaky faucet.

No comments: