Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bastion



I'd love to just sit on top of that mountain, away from everyone, and just relax.

My gut feelings have me feeling something's up lately. Something not to my liking, and lately I've felt like a cat on steroids. I'm jumpy, yes. I'm also particularly miserable, because I can't seem to get a fucking break from anything anywhere anytime.

The only thing I want right now is a job. Out of town. With a house of my own.
That is all. That is all I ask of anyone, and I never ask anything of anyone.
So, given that statement, it should come as no surprise that the one thing I ask for is the same thing I will never get.

Go figure. Even with low standards, this squirrel ain't getting any acorns.
It's like everything is all wrong. The employers all have their excuses, which are, convincingly, excuses I've heard from a variety of other people for a variety of other reasons.
  • Not competitive enough
  • Too trusting
  • Doesn't fit "new" requirements
  • Not experienced enough
  • Lack of variety
  • Too quiet
  • Too polite
  • Not enough life experience (ie. Too young/Still a kid/Still in party phase)
How much more of this do I have to go through before I invert my stomach and start scratching names and initials on my walls with my own blood?
My guess is, not much.

Not much at all.

5 comments:

D. said...

goddamn kids today. All they want to do is party and get high.

and also have lots of sex.

Anonymous said...

"goddamn kids today. All they want to do is party and get high.

and also have lots of sex."

well, who can blame them? if they can't get a job what else is there to do? :P

fair ;)

Geoff said...

Sleep all day. :D

Stephanie said...

Yes. Sleep.

Geoff said...

Amen.

Well, what do you think I do to get to sleep at night?