Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Remember when?



I don't.


I don't recall the last time anything made sense. The snakes chase their own tails, good intentions are broken by politics.

I don't remember the last time somebody gave me a straight answer. Am I so dangerous that I'm not supposed to know? Am I such an afterthought that nobody thinks to call?

There are no explanations. None that I'll accept, because they're just excuses. Absolve yourself, and look at your smiling face in the mirror. The blame's not yours, but somebody elses. It's so easy to be spineless, to slither away from responsibility. It's so easy to put the blame on somebody else. What cares the damage? It's not yours to deal with.

It is so morbid to see one crushed under a weight that should be yours to bear, but many find such irony humorous, and take great pleasure in watching another falter.

When, explain, did dullness and evil become the same? More are willing the slay the stupid than the truly evil. Guilty by accomplice, or perhaps just guilty because they don't know any better.

No answers there, either.

I've become dull, of late. I've become dull and stupid. I can't find words to talk even, I'm forever grasping at straws. And always, I'm anxious. I'm afraid, because I've seen how people are, and I'm seeing it again.

Am I unwell?
No, I'm fine.
It's them that are fucked up.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

:( I'm reading I just have nothing to add...

Trevor said...

Slap that shit eating grin on your face and walk out the door. Because i guarantee you it doesn't get much better than that, once can always hope though :)

Geoff said...

I'm not bothering with shit-eating grins. I'm not working in the fucking service industry, and I only give two chances.

If people want to be motherfucking pricks, let 'em. But I'm not playing along, and if they're going to be that way, fuck 'em all. I'm getting too old for this shit.