Monday, May 21, 2007

Pontus

Well, so comes to a close another weekend off. I've spent most of the time here asleep, or out hanging out with my friends, most of whom I haven't seen in over two months. It was a nice retreat, and I wish it could last a bit longer. I've been working on some guitar pieces too; I think I might record them when I get home this evening.

Not a whole lot to report on other than that. Work was miserable last week, so I was really looking forward to this weekend, which by and large, did not disappoint. I'm not, however, looking forward to going back to work this coming up week, lest I get a three-peat of the bullshit that's become commonplace.

In other news, I've been pre-emptively offered the editor position at another newspaper in southern Alberta. But, I think, with my experience, I'm going to have to decline it.

In fact, I may have to forcefully decline it, as I'll be about done with journalism and all it entails sometime this fall... hopefully.

I'm looking forward to being able to finish a book in the near future. Which book, doesn't matter, rather just any of my works; I'd like to see at least one finished.

1 comment:

KGould said...

awwwwwww but southern alberta is so fun!!!!!!!!!

lol jk. it would be awesome for you to get some of your works published! and then in the future i could say 'hey, i talked to that guy a million years ago, on his blog!'... that would be cool, i need a claim to fame and prefer to live vicariously through others, so good luck with that!

glad you had a good weekend with your friends :)