Saturday, April 21, 2007

A break in the clouds

It finally stopped snowing today. Maybe it's a sign that spring is done being hung up and is actually on it's way now. I don't know.

I've been in kind of an anti-social mood lately. And I don't mean that I'm just being quiet. I've been actively avoiding people. It showed up this week in my work. I didn't want to call people to talk. I didn't want to listen to people's problems. I didn't want to hear about all the rotten and horrible things that are going on in the community and how nobody's doing anything about it. I didn't want to listen to the bullshitters telling me what I should be writing, when I know damn well what my job is.

I just wanted a bit of peace and quiet, but I never really got it this week. I got about an hour to snooze on the couch yesterday, and by jove was that ever nice. Sleeping at night is almost a chore now, because it's never really long enough and I always feel like shit when I get up. It doesn't help that I skip breakfast to make it to work on time.

I can tell it's spring as well, because people are becoming retarded. Ask me about it in the fall, and I'll tell you all about it, but for now... I'm just watching.

I'm making a stew for dinner tonight. It'll be the first real food I've had since I was last in Calgary. Wal-mart brand canned spaghetti is not a valid meal replacement, speaking from experience.

Anyway, I should be getting back to work.

No comments: