Thursday, March 15, 2007

Let us take from them

It's almost heartbreaking to watch, from my little front row seat.

This must be the first world. We all have so much, and yet we must take more. We must take, and we must have, and others must provide it.

I'm watching several thousand students get the shaft this week. Just like they got it last week, and the week before. I'm watching a stoic claw his way back from losing everything after his home burnt down. I'm watching a family learn a valuable life lesson, while rich, philandering yuppies walk about them on the street with their noses in the air. Indignant. Self-righteous.

It's almost heartbreaking, except I can do something about it. A small thing, but still something.
We all want to live the high life, but having wads of cash to light cuban cigars with doesn't give the right to ignorance. Nor does having lots give anyone the right to take even more.

Anyway, I've lost where I was going with this, but it's been a burr under my saddle this week, and I thought it best I get it out.

No comments: