Thursday, July 15, 2004

There's always something...

Shut up.
You're not qualified.
You don't know what you're talking about.
You're biased.
You're lying.
 
Sound familiar? These are some of the replies people get for speaking their mind. Ignorant anuses (otherwise known as ignoramuses) often mistake critical documentation as a form of complaining. In a way it is, and from an early age, we've been taught to "Sit down, shut up, and mind our own business". But the difference is thus.
 
This isn't "Jimmy stole a cookie", or "My dress pants are the wrong color".
 
This is, "my god, we've just been had, people are dying, and I'm just now learning about this?"
 
Will I "Shut up"? Will Matthew Good, Noam Chomsky, or Juliet O'Niell ever "Shut Up"? If the day comes that we can all agree to sit in silence while the world starts spinning the wrong way (don't get critical with me, if people die for money, I'd call that wrong, regardless of religion), then maybe we'll all shut up.
 
Safe, warm, comfortable, cozie... a ten mag thunderstorm and a couple of nuclear bombs. Power isn't peace unless peace is dead.

No comments: