Monday, November 27, 2006

Well

Fuck you Google.

There, I said it. In the process of my "update," I decided to give their new page layout tools a whirl. It assured me that my old template would be "backed up," but being as paranoid as I am, I made a backup of the one I was using (as it was heavily modified, and I didn't want that work going to waste.)

Naturally, the "update," complete formats my page. Utterly. As in, WTF? So, I attempt to revert. Guess what? It doesn't revert to my old template. It reverts to my old old template. As in, before I added a bunch of links and background colours and the title flag and everything.

So. I open up my file and load my old template in, praising myself for thinking ahead.

But wait. XML errors. XML errors that didn't exist while the template was in use, five minutes before I updated.

I guess this is why they call it Beta.

No comments: