Friday, November 24, 2006

Endure, etc.

I've been in a bit of a funk lately. Don't know why.

It might have something to do with looking in the mirror in the morning and not recognizing the face staring back. I wouldn't call it a loss of identity. Really, I've created an identity that a lot of people really like, which is fundamentally not me.

Maybe I'll take it off, and wrap it up and give it away for Christmas. Or maybe I'll keep people guessing. Who am I? What do I want? Will you ever really know?

I'm not telling.
Largely because none of the above questions even matter.

2 comments:

Geoff said...

I don't do it for my friends.

I do it so I can keep a job, and be successful. That's what everyone wants, right? Lots of money and liquor and sex?

Is it wrong that people here see me as a nice, community and family oriented guy when really I'm about as dystopian and nihilistic as they come?

I mean, seriously. I came up here to escape my family. To escape the city. Not to somehow better the community by my being here.

Trevor said...

The whole world is in the same funk as you. Shit if everyone revelaed who they really were.. Anarchy man, Anarchy!

Atleast we would get to walk around with swords, maybe that would be a plus.