Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wolf Lake

Insomnia is sometimes such a beautiful thing.

If these pictures look a little weird, it's alright. I'm testing a new method of converting photos into black and white. The results were a bit... drastic, for my liking, but the end result is a kind of dynamic contrast that I couldn't get through normal means. If you like them, great. If not, well. It's a work in progress.


Dan and Trevor. I think the quote here was "Dan, I need you get excited about your life."


The guys, watching Dan watching his camera watching me behind the fire. I honestly didn't think this picture would be useable at all. This attests to the abilities of the new method I'm using.


Dan, staring intently into a camp lantern. After our "Wildfire" fizzled, this was the closest thing to entertainment we had.


Ryan fishing. All he needed was a piece of buckwheat in his teeth and he'd be the quintessential prairie lad.

I had some pictures of Tracy in there too, but for whatever reason, they didn't make it up in this batch. Sorry!

What is Wolf Lake? Well, it's a little lake tucked away in the boonies of Alberta. Or so you'd think. Despite being extremely isolated, that didn't seem to stop people from tearing in with their huge trailors and ocean-worthy power boats. That was about my only gripe though. The weather was great, the stars were close, and it was good to be away from civilization with good friends.

More to come soon, I think.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the photos :)

D. said...

Those pictures look pretty damn good.

Yeah, it was a good time but that lake needs more fish. Or we need a boat.

We should take my dads next time. One of us needs to take that stupid written test though.

Stephanie said...

The photos look great, if you ask me! Yours are always superb.

That lake looks amazing. Coeur d'Alene Lake is amazing too, but I don't know if there are really any camping opportunities on it. It's too developed around here. By that I mean too many millionaires (or lucky bastards who bought early) bought up the lake front property. Honestly though, I can't blame them. Maybe you all will see it one day.

The boat idea is good :)

Stupid boating tests. They're required in Idaho as well.

PS I definitely vote YES for the "more to come."

Trevor said...

Awesome pictures, Next year we should tackle the reservoir rumor has it they actually have fish there.