Thursday, February 05, 2009

Eye be one I

So, since money's tight and things are looking progressively worse on the whole, I did the only thing which any sane man would do.

Blow a huge wad of cash on an expensive and completely unnecessary camera equipment.

This thing is a prime lens, meaning it doesn't zoom at all. "But Geoff," you might be saying, "How do you expect to creep on unsuspecting victims without a zoom lens?"
First of all, I'm not a creep. Secondly, prime lenses, and particularly, this prime lens, have extremely wide aperture capabilities. In layman's terms, I can shoot cat-eyes in the deepest dark of night, to quote my old photo professor.

And of course, prime lenses are also ideal for shooting portraits, as they have next to no distortion, and this particular lens is almost the same factor as the human eye, which makes for very appealing photos.

I will be posting some of the end results in a while. My old computer requires a little bit of work before I'll be able to process more photos, so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Look forward to more pictures!

D. said...

Awesome.

Take pictures of hot girls with it!

or gross things.

you pick.

Anonymous said...

That is so very exciting! Can't wait to see some portraits of yours!