Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I am, Mr. President, I am

They had the presidential debate on the multitude of TV's we have at work. I seem to be falling ill, as the statements issuing from Obama and McCain came across as just a series of muddled monotones; their only differentiating features a change of pitch and reverb.

"Wah, wahwahwah, wah wah wah," says Obama.

"Waah. Wahwahwahwahwah, wah wah," replies McCain.

I scratch my head, which at this point feels like a fishbowl replete with carp.

"So, what do you think Geoff? Do I detect a rant coming on?" says one of my co-workers, winking slyly.

"I think... I think it's time for me to be going home," I reply, deflecting the notion. I could rant. I could fucking spit, but really. This isn't the time for my diatribes. I'd rather just say "Hey, I did my part. Whatever else happens, fuck it and see."

And then I will look on perplexed, as people begin manically fucking everything in sight. So it goes.

2 comments:

D. said...

Everybody should vote for me.

Anonymous said...

like charlie brown and all the older people sounding like that.