Monday, May 01, 2006

End of an Era

Tommorrow morning, I have to take my laptop back, as the lease is up on it.

I don't know if anyone really noticed over the last two years, but this laptop has been pretty much been my exclusive window into the internet, whether it be blogging, e-mailing, instant messaging, gaming, or sharing pictures, this has been my one-way street into the information super-highway, so to speak.

I'm going to be ordering a new one soon, and don't get me wrong, this thing is a piece of shit, but it just won't be the same. Memories, and all that. This college rental hunk of junk has been my landline for the last two years, and now it's going to be destined for the junkheap.

I don't normally worry about inanimate objects this much, but whatever. I'll miss my damned laptop if I want to.

Otherwise, until I get my new laptop, this will be my last post for a while.

Sorry, no pictures this time.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I understand the attatchment. I'll hopefully be getting a new computer soon, but I'll be sad to say goodbye to my old one. It's been a monumental part of my life (sadly? perhaps.) since April 2002. Le sigh. I very seriously love it. (Which is why I'm not going to get rid of it. Maybe NEVER. Any man that marries me is just going to have to understand that.)

apples said...

I got this laptop when my brother got a new one. He sent this in to be repaired, but it took so long they gave him a new one. Then they sent this one back too and no one seemed to notice.

I borrowed it for a year before my parents told they'd given my brother money for it and it was mine now. Now I've almost stopped worrying someone will call and demand to have back, but still I refuse to save my password on this one page on here. It was the first password it asked if it should save when I got it, and I said no. I'm convinced if I let firefox save that one password, someone will come and take my laptop away.