Thursday, October 07, 2004

Paradox of Political Proportions

Try saying that five times fast.

I've gone over the transcripts for both the Presidential Debates, and the Vice Presidential Debates. As usual, Bush was his blubbering self, answering hard topics with stale rhetoric. I would very much like to see something intelligent come out of his mouth, but I fear I shouldn't hold my breath. Kerry did a decent performance, but my politician radar tells me he was walking on eggshells for most of it. Not that I blame him, it was Fox News filming after all.

The Edwards vs. Cheney was a bit more fiery. Edwards came out swinging, and get this, Cheney actually answered some of the questions. However, don't let this fool you. Edwards made vocal what we've already known for over a year: There is no link between al Qaeda and Iraq.

Cheney responded by telling Edwards that "his facts were wrong."

So tell me Mr. Cheney, are you willing to tell the entire world that what we've accepted as a proven fact... is wrong?

Iraq did not have the potential to collaborate with al Qaeda, or any other terrorist organization before this war. However, with the toppling of the Iraqi government, tempermental anarchy has allowed Iraq to become a festering breeding-ground for terrorists. Bush and Cheney's false statement ended up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm 100% sure that within 20 years, Iraq will come back to bite the American people. I offer my condolences early, and I pray that your president is not a neo-con republican when whatever happens, happens.

I've come across a new philosophy for politics. Politicians need to be accountable, but it is not always necessary to slather blame. Bush should be accountable for the Iraq war. He should be interviewed after his presidency to get the truth. However, I don't believe the American people should be lumped together and collectively blamed for the war. For the majority of Americans, it was just the matter of having a soft-spoken nation trying to reign in a deaf president. (I'm aware that not all Americans are soft spoken, but bear with the analogy).

Care.

No comments: