Thursday, September 09, 2004

The Fundamentals of Life

This is the first moment in more than a week that I've actually had time to sit down and think.

And think I have. I've had lots of contact with new people over the last couple of weeks, and its added many diverse viewpoints to the many that I've been exposed to over the years. I've also met a few lunkheads who reinforce my image of mankind as a waste of genetic material, forever reverse-evolving into the most basic and simplistic of life-forms.

Imagine this. I've seen men who swank and swagger because they've got a wang in their pants and money in their pockets. They talk tough and push hard, and bite at the air, but they have little in their heads (the thinking ones anyway) worth mentioning. This, is what I consider an inferior man. They think they are invincible, and they can toss lives at will. They don't know that balls can be castrated by a girlfriend used too many times. They don't know that money is finite, and their bodies can be shattered by just about anything. They don't know that they're mortal... and its a great mystery as to why this is. Evidence otherwise just points itself out.

Likewise, I have seen women who strut like gulls, because they "bear the children", and are "temples of carnal pleasures". They think they have all the brains, and live like leeches off the old wive's tales of the superior gender. They raise children to the stereotypes, while at the same time denouncing stereotypes. They refuse to let men raise young, because men are just "lunking, brutish, animals". I really don't need to go into much more detail then that. Its pretty painful to see such stupid superiority complex.

I have also seen those that have broken the gender barriers, the racial barriers, just about any barriers that cross their path, they break through with the courage and determination that makes me stop in awe. I have seen men cooking baguettes (can you even say that?), I have seen women welding cars. I have seen children making a world of difference.

You see, this is the truth of life. The Ying-Yang. The only thing holding ourselves back is ourselves, and the only thing moving us forward is us.

No comments: