Wednesday, June 03, 2009

A vacation from this vacancy

I'm counting down until Friday, when things might, maybe, start making sense for a little while.

Work's crawled to a practical standstill, which is part of what motivated me to start taking days off, out of the blue.

The other thing is that the people around me seem to be losing it completely. Or maybe I am, and they're just avoiding me. It doesn't matter. I need to get away for a while. The only people who know where I'm going are the only people who would actually do something if I didn't come back.

I'm hoping to see my grandparents, as strange as that sounds. I missed them at Easter time and I want to see them as much as I can. I hate sounding morbid on this, but people die. So I'd like to make good on what time we've got left.

I know too many people who missed out because they got mired in personal dramas, that in the end, didn't contribute a single worthwhile moment. It's something I've learned since I got back from Drayton.

Family is important, regardless of history.

p.s. - you know I'm nuts when I keep checking my own blog to see if I've updated.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you have family.