Friday, June 19, 2009

A blighted day of a thousand black plagues

I took a sick day today.

I'm still amazed how spoiled people are. Comparing my current job with my last, calling in sick was almost sickeningly easy. "Hi, I can't make it. Are we good? Yep. Okay. See you tomorrow."

For the newspaper, there was no "sick days," as revealed when I finally came home. Explaining to a community that their paper has lacking/no news because you were ill would only invoke a genuine wave of revolt.

You know. Suck it up princess. I work all the time when I'm sick, what's your problem?

And so on, and so forth.

Anyway. I should've really used the tail end of the day to do something useful, like taking the guitars out of their cases, or cleaning up around this dump that is my room.

But you know. I just sat here, reading news. And despite what's going on in the world, I'm not at all compelled to comment.

In fact, I think I'm going back to bed.

No comments: