Thursday, May 07, 2009

Step Lightly

It's rained in earnest for the first time this spring.
I've currently got my window open and my fan running full blast to try and fill the room with as much cool, damp air as possible, since it's been largely dry and dusty out for... well. Since the snow last flew.

I like days like today. It's been a pleasant mix of sun and cloud, and it's been cool and moist all day. When it's damp, it keeps most of the shit out of the air that I'm allergic to, so I could be getting shat on and I'd still be having a pretty awesome day.

On the flip side, I'm down to two shifts of work a week. My employers have been forced to take some pretty tough measures in the current retail climate, and I will very likely have to be looking for a second, short-term job in the near future.

It'd be nice if there was some demand for unorthodox photographers right now, but a lot of people have gotten ridiculously reactionary. They aren't willing to risk anything on a (relatively) inexperienced photographer, so a lot of the old shops in town have been making a killing (read: ripoff) off of a lot of people this summer.

Oh well. I can't change any of that. All I can do is put my head down and hope for the best.
Is it 2013 yet?

1 comment:

D. said...

I hit the comment link to make yet another annoying post telling you to take pictures of naked chicks for a living, but now that I'm here, I am too lazy.

oh wait.

I was down to three shifts a week for a while, but since some people quit I am up to four for the time being.

Strangely enough, I don't mind the extra time off.

It would suck in the long run, but as it was, I enjoyed the break.