Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Four-Four-Four

No.
If you're wondering: no. I never sleep. At least not on anything that could be called a schedule.

Don't have much to report, aside from the usual day-to-day week-to-week shit that everyone goes through.

Crippled Black Phoenix put out their new album though. I've got it ordered, but I'm impatient. But for those of you waiting, it's worth the wait. Most of the tracks are solid gold. You might be saying "Most? Why not all?" I'll be frank. There's very few CD's that I've bought that have been rock solid right from beginning to end, music-wise. Often times, albums will be trying to convey a kind of message or feeling, and indeed, this album's songs fit the message very well.

But that doesn't mean I have to like every song.

In other news (or non-news as you'd like), events in the world lately have only further cemented my beliefs and opinions of the human race. As if watching a hollywood movie wasn't a hollow enough sounding lecture on the virtues of a morally ambiguous people, one need only open a newspaper or read an article online to know precisely what we're in for in the next twenty... thirty... maybe fifty years.
Mix in an equal helping of ignorance, intolerance, and whatever other commonplace vice you'd like, and you've got yourself the future.

I'm really not looking forward to anything, because all my dreams, all my ambitions, are either rendered meaningless through the endeavors of others, or they quickly become pointless through the ignorant steam-rolling of an entire nation of self-serving idiots. And so it becomes boolean:

1 - Strive for wellness, for self, for others.
0 - Strive for destruction, for others, for self.

Flip the switch. You're fucked either way.

1 comment:

D. said...

The new album is pretty much 10/10 for me.

I agree that no album has solid gold all the way through. Often I find myself liking every song, but not to the same degree. I'm like that with every band, right up to Matt Good.

My only complaint is that the double album, which they themselves claimed to be the "proper" one doesn't include "Real Bronx Cheer" and I'm not certain why.