Monday, March 23, 2009

Bizarre

I'm not allowed pretend my life is uninteresting. Boring, yes. Repetitive, definitely. But imagine one night your sitting at the local lounge with some friends, sipping on a drink and eating some pizza when the waitress comes to your table and begins to fret because she's getting married and doesn't have a photographer.

That was my saturday night. So I've spent the better part of the day assembling what sorry estate I can into a portfolio to present. I've forgotten that not everyone believes that I'm a professional with a camera just because I say so. Big-headed of me? Definitely. But all the same, I'm a little bit excited and more than just a little afraid. It's been more than a few months since I've used the obscura for anything professional. I'm just hoping I don't come out rusty, as that would be bad for all parties involved.

As a side note, don't tell anybody, but I absolutely abhor shooting weddings. The bride wants everything to be perfect, the groom always has too much to drink, and it's always the photographer's fault that they're both fugly. Okay, maybe not in this particular case. But apocryphal tales in this genre are closer to truth than most would find comfortable. 

4 comments:

apples said...

My experience is that as long as you're a guy and you have a camera, the couple is happy. Even if my photos are better they don't count cuz I'm not a guy. You are, should work.

Apart from that, you're allowed to pretend your life is anything you want it to be :)

D. said...

ha.

I would hate shooting weddings if I were a photographer, I can tell.

But good luck to you, we all know you've got the skill to kick some ass.

drunken groom ass if you have to.

Geoff said...

Lets just hope I don't choke.

Mentally or physically.

"You mean he's dead?"

"Yep. Choked on his own spit."

"Ouch."

Stephanie said...

You'll do well!

Did you get the job?