Thursday, January 01, 2009

And so, here we are: 2009, Welcome

And so, here we are.
This is the first evening of 2009, and I've spent it in an greatly inebriated state. Somehow, my hands are still working, so I'll try my best to write something meaningful here. There's always a part of my brain that functions, no matter what, so here we go.

2008 was a year when there where a lot of rotten people from 2007 got their comeuppance, but given how things go, we all ended up paying for it. For that, I am saddened. But really, that's how the world works. Dipshits make a mess and then leave, and it's up to the rest of us to pick up after the fact.

I'm guessing 2009 will, in a lot of ways, be a continuation of 2008. Hopefully it will sport a more positive trend, but I'm fully prepared should it not. I'm not one for making New Years resolutions, as more often then not, they're completely trite and quickly forgotten. I would like to eat better, exercise more, and play more music in the new year, but I understand that time is finite and I will likely only meet one of those three goals. Or, like the idiot I am, I will struggle with all three and ultimately fail at all of them. Because... I'm just a winner like that.

2008 was a lot of things for me, personally. It was a reinforcement as well as a let-down. On what, I'm not going to share, because it's offensive, and I don't want people getting their knickers in a twist this early in the year. But needless to say, I'm going in to 2009 with a completely different outlook than what I went into 2008 with.

And. I just realized, I'm rambling, and nothing I've said thus far actually means a can of beans.
So I'm just going to stop now. Happy New Year, everyone. Take care.

No comments: