Friday, June 04, 2010

Can't read it

Moments of insecurity.

I'd love for my family to look at me and see something to be proud of. I've taken courses and grown from a kid, but what do I have to show for it? Nothing.

I'm working retail. It's a job, but hardly one now. The economic decline, that great catch-all excuse for everything, has almost put me on the street. Two more weeks to see, and then it'll be time to decide to stay or go.

It's a shame that this moment didn't come two weeks ago, or else there'd be a wedding for me to attend.

This is a disaster in slow motion. Perhaps soon I'll just quit. Quit. Quit. Quit. And travel. Hit the road. Throw my phone into a ditch (first thing it'll be good for besides a paper-weight), and just disappear for a few weeks. Or months. The whole summer, maybe.

I'd muse if anyone would even notice, but I already know the answer.

No. No they wouldn't. And I wouldn't care much either.

No comments: