Thursday, April 02, 2009

Miracle Kicker

So, a CD which had ordered from stateside arrived two days ago. The ten-song album is none other than Miracle Kicker, from Dark Captain Light Captain, a little-known act out of Britain. I've been following these guys for quite some time, and it was pretty much essential that I end up importing the goods, as nobody's ever heard of them, and even if they had, there's not much they can do about the fact that Canada fucking sucks for foreign releases.

In any event, I was expecting the CD to be a collection of the three or four songs I've heard from these guys and really liked, plus a few others that might not be as good.

Turns out, the four songs I already knew were probably the worst on the CD. And I mean that in a giddy, ecstatic way. It's ten tracks of music that I'd normally have to chaff from six or seven CD's worth of garbage music to glean. There's just that much solid, respect-worthy performance put into this.

In fact, now that I think about it, I'm a little disappointed that it's only ten tracks. I want more. Much more.
I hope somebody reads this that knows somebody that knows somebody else that knows somebody in the band, so that they can, by fifth or sixth degree, know that even us hermits in Canada love their music and want them to enjoy a prolific career.

In other news, I really have nothing else to report. No news is good news, as the bad news tends to read.

2 comments:

D. said...

I listened to a bit of it online and thought it was pretty good.

Worth ordering and having a real listen, certainly.

D. said...

Oh yeah, and regarding CD's being hard to find, I agree with you.

though with the internet it's not so bad anymore. I order almost all my music online either directly from the record company releasing it (which is usually cheap as fuck so long as it isn't a huge label) or from Amazon, usually the amazon marketplace since there are third party retailers selling albums for often half the price AND keep them in stock, unlike amazon themselves.

This is the price you pay for not liking nickleback or Sum 41 or some other awful big name Canadian band.