Thursday, April 23, 2009

I napped to these

I came home from work tonight, feeling very much like a sack of diseased shit.
So I put my headphones on, and just started the music on shuffle album.
I just woke up, and before I forget, I'm going to list it all right here:

Boards of Canada - Trans-Canada Highway
Faunts - High Expectations/Low Results
Tool - 10,000 Days
Caspian - The Four Trees
Do Make Say Think - Do Make Say Think
Mogwai - The Hawk is Howling
Radiohead - In Rainbows

I must've rolled a 20 today. Given all the potential shit it could've pulled up to play, I avoided all the detritus in my collection and just slept away with some of the best music I've got.

Lucky.

5 comments:

D. said...

Nice.

Stephanie said...

I knew Danny would comment :) I don't know those songs, but I'm sure they are wonderful.

Trevor said...

I thought i was the only one that did that, i usually fall asleep to Saxon Shore or Hammock, last night it was slayer. Something about good music helps sleep.

When i used to live at my rents, i had my computer on shuffle at night going through something like 60gigs of good music, i miss that sometimes.

Stephanie said...

I can nap to calm music but I cannot sleep all night with music playing. Or a TV on...or anything. I need either quiet people-noise or silence. A fan is borderline. I got mostly used to fan noise last summer. Anyway. I think it's amazing that people can sleep to constant sound.

Ha, the verification word is, "squat."

D. said...

for the record I cannot fall asleep listening to music. My brain is just too active while listening.

Stars of the lid calms me, and I probably could sleep with it on...but I don't.

I just need good old white noise, in fact I cannot sleep without a fan on in my room. It's hard.