Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Running 4 our lives

Left 4 Dead.

Just how awesome is this game? Fairly awesome. There's nothing better than teaming up with three of your best buddies and fighting your way through the zombie apocalypse. Or in a twist, being part of the Infected and fighting to claw, strangle, vomit, and trounce the Survivors to death.

I like it as a team game, as it quickly separates the team players from the rambos, and also quickly separates the rambos from their torsos.

I've been reading over the internet, and a lot of what I've read about the game was negative. It's too rushed, some people say. There's not enough guns, whine some others. In all honesty, these are such trivial things that I haven't even noticed. Anyone obsessing over their guns is playing the wrong game, as your best weapon is yourself, and the three other people with you. Honestly, as a team, with nothing but pistols, you could still give a handsome accounting of yourself on Expert difficulty.

Anyway, that's my little nerd-gasm for the moment.

In a completely unrelated topic, I feel the need for a political rant coming on. But I will save that for another entry, just largely because the sheer gravity of what I need to say can't be understated. Nor upstaged by a zombie apocalypse.

1 comment:

D. said...

I feel bad for not having played it more.

It is awesome though. It's simple in a lot of ways, but the depth comes from the experience and HOW you play it.