Thursday, December 18, 2008

How the hell?

It's been a strange, strange week. Nothing but snow, snow and ice. Ice and snow. And mail. God, if I never ever have to send another mail or package again, it will be too damn soon. Fuck the post office and fuck the union. What're they good for anyway, if only for losing things and overcharging?

Perhaps not overcharging, but it seems anything you put in that slot never sees the light of day again. I'm still waiting on a package, and like the prodigal son, I'm not expecting it to actually arrive, but I'm pretty sure there will be angels and trumpets when it finally gets here.

And as for this city, I'm fully prepared to spend tomorrow doing nothing but sleeping. I've had enough of this winter bullshit and people's inability to handle it. Most of all the city, which I pay taxes to, has decided that it's not worth their time to plow and sand the streets I have to travel to even leave my neighborhood. A menial rant, but an important one nonetheless, because it seems to happen every year.

On to federal politics. I was going to comment on the legitimacy of a coalition government, but it seems that particular vein has been cut off, and we might not face such a tenuous situation after all.

But nonetheless, ladies and gentlemen, there's nothing illegal about a coalition party running the country. A bit of back story on "Confidence." If the party voted in doesn't have it in the House, then the Governor General has options to either prorogue the government, call an election, or leave it to the Opposition to form a coalition to run the country until such time as an election is called, or until the coalition runs afoul of national confidence as well.

That said. Let me be clear. I don't support this coalition, because this coalition couldn't lead itself out of a paper bag, let alone an economic crunch. I don't support Harper either, because he's a conservative and political Conservatives are anathema to me.

Albeit. Come to think of it. Almost any kind of politician has become anathema lately. I can't decide whether that's a result of my newspaper experience, or simply because they're all trying so hard to pander to the degenerate suits that I've grown to abhor.

In any event.

Sleep. Yes.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Yes, sleep