Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Allotrope

So.

I made the trip out to Tracy's yesterday, for some quality time with the gang.

The highlight of my night was playing Metroid Prime 3 for the first time, and nearly tossing the controller in frustration. Seriously, using the Wiimote for the first time is like trying to masturbate without using your hands.

The game was fun though, when it wasn't trying to be retarded. In hindsight, Dan, I made that battle harder than it needed to be. One hypermode would've saved both of us my embarrassing display of ineptitude.

On that note, I'm thinking I should pick up a Wii in the near future. Maybe I'll pick one up with my last paycheque when it comes. Lord knows I need the practice, and I wouldn't mind playing some Twilight princess and Metroid.

In any event, sorry, no picture this time. What? Don't look at me like that.

2 comments:

D. said...

haha, yeah I thought about Hypermode too...right after we died.

Still it was funny hearing you swear at the game, so it was worth it.

Honestly it does take a bit of practice, but you were doing far, far better than anyone I've ever seen play for the first time.

I'm just glad that wasn't enough to dissuade you completely because once you spend some time with it, it's fucking awesome. Just be glad you didn't have to learn by playing Red Steel, it's even more finicky.

Also, on that note, I've never had any of the problems that we saw that night happen to me while playing, seriously. I don't know what that was, but one thing is that on a TV that large the sensor bar should definitely be at the bottom of the TV, cause I had some trouble aiming and turning.

Twas a pretty good time though. Tracy had Irn Bru so I was there, man.

Also, yeah, get a Wii because we've all gotta play some smash bros when it comes out.

Trevor said...

"Seriously, using the Wiimote for the first time is like trying to masturbate without using your hands."

hahaha oh man you made me laugh.

wiis are fun, we should do that again sometime.

ps. D im taking your adivse and moving the sensor bar. ive had problems with that before but kind of got used to thinking that was how its supposed to work