Thursday, August 30, 2007

Disaster Follows in all its Five Perfect Forms

This from a music festival I covered not long ago. I actually meant to put them up a while ago, but naturally, never got around to it.

The first two are from a band called Rake. I guess they're getting pretty big in the scheme of the music industry. Mind me, any band that says they opened for Nickleback as if it's something to be proud of might need a bit of fine tuning. But alas, that's their playpen, so I'll let them play in it.



Their sound was unique... until their lead singer started in. Then the whole thing became rather reminiscent of Our Lady Peace. That's not a parallel I draw lightly, but it is there.



Their lead guitarist would regularly strike poses that made me think he was about to go Hulk. Other than that, he was pretty good at tearing eardrums out, etc.



This last fellow is a human beat-box. Listening to him go, I'm seriously baffled at the sheer logistics of it. I'm not even going to try to explain how it sounded, as the effect would surely be lost in this medium.

Anyway, just thought I would share these leftovers from a fairly awesome music festival.
Hope you enjoy the pics.

I'll have eclipse photos sometime this week as well, although I really don't know when I'll put them up. Whenever I feel like, I guess.

7 comments:

D. said...

I command you to use your photography skills to take pictures of hot girls.

Geoff said...

I guess I should've mentioned that they had a wet t-shirt contest, and the organizer's wife flashed the crowd.

Sorry. I must've missed that picture.

E said...

LOL the Nickelback comment! Too funny!

Geoff said...

Well, hey. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, right E?

I'll be happy just as long as it stays as "Opened for Nickleback," and not "Followed Nickleback down the road of corporation rock and into the Black Hole."

D. said...

Damn you Geoff....damn you.

Geoff said...

Dan.

You should be glad that I got this though.

D. said...

Nice! that's what I'm talking about.