Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Update

Well, it's been about a month, and so much has changed lately, I don't know really where to start.

Not even a month ago I was on the verge of walking out of my job, and probably just coasting for the rest of the summer until university starts. It probably would've bankrupted me, but at that point, I didn't really care. I canceled all my plans (including camping, travelling, and heading out on photo excursions), and pretty much went into bunker mode. I just dropped off the face of the earth, focusing on just saving, saving, saving as much as I could.

It's now a month later. I transferred stores, kept my job, and just recently got a sidemotion into a tech position, one of the most lucrative places to be. Money's started rolling in again, and I'm now feeling more crestfallen than ever. I'm working double hours to make up all the time this summer I spent just dragging my feet. I'm thinking now, what a waste. I could've gone camping, fishing, or who-knows-what if only this little break had come along a little sooner.

And now I'm in a position where my job might start conflicting with my education.

I swear, without bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

I'm also going to be selling the Jeep soon. An endeavour I'm not looking forward to, since it's had a lot of kilometres put on it, and despite being pampered like a luxury car, selling anything over 100k on it is just like sticking a razor in your mouth and giving the 'ole heave-ho.

That all said, I'm back on track for 2013. A small goal, but an important one - if all parties involved are still interested. I've even started narrowing the search for a bike.


I think it'll do just nicely.

Work on the new site is slow. Right now, I'm just exploring options for animation and design. It seems like a showdown between Flash and HTML5 at high-noon is imminent.
I'll write more about that later though.
For now, I've got about a three-foot stack of videogames that need playing.

2 comments:

D. said...

I'm up for the bike trip. Anytime. It's something I very much want to do (and document) and would love to have friends along for such an adventure.

Looking forward to seeing what the website entails!

Trevor said...

I'm still up for it.

My Bike needs a bit of work before i put on any real KM on it. Still a few years away which gives me plenty oh time.

Cant wait to see your site.