Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Onwards, Upwards

It sounds like Barack Obama has won the election and become the 44th President of the United States of America.

Well, congratulations to him. I know a lot of people all over the world that are sleeping a little easier tonight.

On a completely unrelated note, I picked up two new games not long ago. Dead Space, and Fallout 3. Not to mention Fable 2 for the Xbox, which I've been playing and since have beaten.

Dead Space is by far the most intriguing title in my collection so far. It's a survival horror that's combined my favorite aspects of Aliens and Resident Evil into one title of sheer terror. I had to cease playing 15 minutes into the game, just out of sheer terror at the thought of having to walk back across a shadowy catwalk into - what I thought was - certain and gruesome death.

Dan, if there's one horrific game you get this year, I'd recommend Dead Space. The rest of you, I'd only recommend it if you enjoy playing in an atmosphere of unadultered terror and discomfort.

1 comment:

D. said...

I got Dead Space in the mail a few days ago (rental)

I only played to the first save point so far, but holy fuck that is some good shit, even early on.

It feels like Resident Evil 4 in fucking space (and far more scary)

I will surely keep it until I finish it/

too many fucking games to play!