Friday, July 25, 2008

Strangers spare no love

There's a decline coming. Did you know that? One bank has already closed, with rumors that numerous more are falling from the wings. While this one bank was nowhere near me, I'm not so stupid to think that the ripples from one will never reach my shores.

I've been considering going back to school, but in this province of oil and money and not much else, there really doesn't seem to be any opportunities for me, a prodigy of the written language and an anti-social intellectual. Courses are available, but I may as well throw my money in a hole for the return.

I've been looking out of province as well, and some results have been a bit more promising. I just don't know if I have the required means to make it happen. I've no love for student debt, and so far I've avoided it. I just want to make sure I get the right course, or else I'll very likely be stuck in limbo forever, with no funds to go back to school, and no documentation to secure a reasonable job.

That would mean I'd be freelancing for the rest of my life, and while exciting, I've had enough already with companies trying to negotiate contracts - as though I'm being frivolous with my charging, when indeed, this is how I'm making the bulk of my living. Given the difference between eating breakfast and not, I'm sorry, but I'd very much like to.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.