Monday, May 12, 2008

Disbelief

What happens when you give a pack of idiots rights and the ability to vote?
I'm deadly serious. What in the flying fuck did you think would happen?

Do you think people would vote for intelligent, well-balanced individuals? That they'd select the best and brightest to lead them?

Don't be absurd. When you have fucking idiots voting in droves, you get fucking idiots in power. Fucking idiots fear people who think. They fear technology. They fear moderation. They fear everything. So they vote for people who fear people who think. Who fear technology. Who fear moderation.

The only difference between our culture and tyranny is the matter of choice.

Under a despot, we don't have the choice to vote.
In democracy, we choose not to vote.

If you want to know the root of all this "elitist" bullshit, it's staring you in the face. The so-called "elite" is an educated working class goddamn tired of slack-jawed root vegetables who flunked out of elementary, having just as much, if not more, control over a country's direction as someone who's actually tried to contribute something to society besides bigotry, rhetoric, and belt-fed infants.

Jesus. And the worst part is that the small, fearful minds will always outnumber the number of cooler heads. So no matter what route is taken, it doesn't take a crystal ball to know we're fucked. Period.

Rant over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, I don't follow politic, I don't read the news and I don't have a TV. Strangely enough, I do vote when I am asked to. Does voting without knowing everything that's going on in this world make me an idiot? Or should I not vote in that case, then I'd be considered an idiot for not voting anyways...Come to think of it, I am an idiot. What is it you were refering to?