Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Unthinkable has Happened

Aye.

I've been watching a few movies. The first one that comes to my mind is MirrorMask.
I honestly didn't think they made movies like this. Little fantasy tales - of astounding quality - that sound a lot like the stories that I read when I was a kid. None of this Harry Potter bull. Something a lot more subtle and sweet.

Anyway. I have a hard time talking about movies, so I'll just say that I enjoyed this one.

Now. On to more pressing topics.

Provincial election? Not worth the hot air.

I've become a bit of a sleeper of late. My camera sits primed and ready for use, but lately I just haven't had the drive to go out and shoot anything with it. The snow's already begun to melt, so hopefully that'll change soon. Or maybe it won't. I don't know. I'm still reeling from the fact that it's only been five months since I moved back home. It feels like year, and every day feels like another world away from what now feels like a prolonged nightmare. I'm not overly eager to dive back into a world of such insanity, but even so. I can feel the desire to travel coming on again.

So far, it's looking like Montreal in April and the Isles in June. Hopefully with a bit of camping interspersed through the intervening days.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I've been slack on my movie watching....and I'm looking forward to more pictures. Montreal sounds good.......Which Isles?

Geoff said...

The British ones.
Well. British, Scottish, and Irish ones, anyway.

Trevor said...

Mirror Mask was pretty good the visuals were awesome. I wish i could go on a vacation right now, seriously it seems like forever. You going to come camping with us this summer? Probably slave lake or something.