Saturday, January 15, 2005

Time for a Break

Pardon the delay in Blog updates. I've been ground into some form of pulped human over the last couple of weeks, and I thought I should get back to what's important.

I would also like to remind the infrequent readers of this blog that you are very welcome to comment here, as long as you keep it civil.

I jsut thought I would share a personal thought today. I'm quitting my job to make room for school. Natural, a lot of people do it, but to me it's foreign, quitting my first job for my first real edumafacation.

I also thought I should do something else. Take a break to reflect back on the last couple of weeks. The tsunami comes to mind, but so does the upcoming election in Iraq (which most people forgot about).

I rue the bloodbath that approaches with that election, as polling stations are targets for attacks by insurgency. This sort of disqualifies the vote, as many people will be staying home out of fear. On top of that, martial law is declared in Iraq, which places many locations on a list where the public may not vote. Democracy in the bloom? Hardly. I think an attempt at a free nation in Iraq was nipped in the bud when Bush decided to go play Cowboys and Terrorists.

I was happy to see the Ukrainian election wrap up. It is a positive thing to see a faulty vote redone with a resounding victory, a slap in the face to media-driven politics like we see in Canada and next door in the United States.

Well, with all that's done, I think everyone deserves to sit back and rest... well, maybe not everyone.

No comments: