Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Torpid Planet

Monday night heralded a brief return to my world of dreams. This time it was even more frightening than the last.

The world was filled with torpid, vapid people, who, through their laziness and self-absorption, sought to destroy the world and themselves with it. Acting on their behalf, was my nemesis, the Demon. This time, I felt truly powerless. He had me.

I help the people, he wins.
I leave the people, he wins.

This is a dillemma that is reflected in the living world. If I leave the people to their own, they will inevitably self-destruct (and love every minute of it). If I try to help, it empowers those who should not be empowered, and the world (or at least my locale in it) will be ripped apart in war (while people seem to care less).

Perhaps there is an approach that I am missing.

No comments: