Monday, February 22, 2010

Overseas Castle Dashboard

It's been a bizarre two weeks.

A long road-trip, followed by what seems to be a never-ending list of bad news. I'm wondering when it's going to end.

I go back to work this week, and I'm not sure I'll be able to slip back into the old routine - at least, not as easily as I'd like.

Having two weeks off let me look forward somewhat to school, and beyond. The more I think about it, the more I get into my old mindset. Namely, I don't want to stay around here forever. It almost seems like every other minute I catch myself thinking about the road again.

And that's mostly what I've been doing lately. A lot of thinking. It's almost strange that I'm at a point in my life where I've got so much to look forward to. There's almost no time to look back and reflect. Or re-live, as the case may be. It's all just a furious charge uphill to something unknown, and only when I get there will I see if it was all worth it.

...that is, if I haven't passed it by completely.

No comments: