Saturday, November 03, 2007

In Open Air: Part 3

As I pitch back into my chair, headphones secured tightly around my head, I think in earnest about the state of the world, and how the truth comes in spades from your faithful advertisers and big-talking wankers elected to be nervous and ineffectual.

I've dreamt about a day when I can turn on a radio, instead of hearing the white noise of a world's population tearing itself apart, I'll hear a common voice with 6.1 billion nuances. Make that two voices, because I've always been obstinate. Two voices. One great, grand vision. And myself. An insect. A mosquito that drinks the lifeblood of idiocy. As I pitch back, I listen...


Join now and get 50% off your - invasion began with a bang this morning, the Operation was called a success by - Penis enlargement pills, half off only from - Hell. That's the only way I can describe it. It was like - the future is bright! Remember, you're only two clicks away from security, and peace of - mines cause an estimated %&#00 injuries a year. Give generously to - the royalty reviews haven't addressed the &$%##. The people still want - a sex shop on every corner, even besides the churches. It was %*&$ @*$##, and there was a Cinema &%$#@#help*%$# - the government's been secretly monitoring our *%($^m$#e - And the lord said, let there be %&@#$$turn$% - %$&^this@$ $% shoes, dresses, and our world famous %$# - and there it was, the most beautiful car I had %*$(#thing%($@) - #)$%(@ you dare, you'll $%&#@#off.

And there it is. The voices are quiet. For a minute, the endless machine is silent.

Is this the end? No. There are no ends, save one. There are no happy endings. There are no sad endings. The only end is death, which when you think about it, is the end of sadness, happiness, and everything in between. Everything from the first breath to last is an interlude. A moment to pause and examine. An artist. A writer. A life within a life. An image in a window, the gates to the soul blown open.

Invariably, we all succumb at one point, to what amounts to a never-ending pressure. We all bargain with our souls and lose, and we - despite our resoluteness - say yes, when the answer should've been no.

So in this... three windows. Three doors. Three stories. This is an ending. But it is not the end. There will be a thousand tears shed after this, and there will be a hundred joys. But there will be but one end. And this will not be it.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm enjoying your posts. I have nothing of real importance to say but wanted you to know that they're being read and keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Lets never end this. And thank you.